There are so many people working in the recruitment industry in the UK alone, and they tend to fall into one of four levels: Resourcers, Consultants, Managers, and Directors. Today I’m going to tell you about the potential careers in recruitment which are available to you, and the ways you can achieve them!
Before telling you how to begin a career in recruitment, here is a rundown of some of the different positions and their purpose:
Recruitment Resourcers –
- Supports and assists Consultants
- Sourcing candidates from different places
- Screening candidates
- Negotiating contracts
Recruitment Consultants –
- Attracts business from clients
- Build relationships with clients
- Using sales, business development and marketing techniques
Recruitment Managers –
- Lead a team of consultants
- Build the company’s profile
- Meeting with clients
- Setting targets, mentoring and training their team
Recruitment Directors –
- Overseeing and directing the recruitment process
- Developing recruitment strategies
- Implementing guidelines and adhering to legislation
So when thinking about careers in recruitment, we can also consider the different pathways which are available, including the IRP (Institute of Recruitment Professionals) and REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation).
Both REC and the IRP offer award winning training which provide opportunities for individuals to enhance their own recruitment career. Some of these include:
- Qualifications – there are available qualifications in recruitment from levels 2-5, covering recruitment resourcing, recruitment practice, recruitment management, and recruitment leadership.
- Apprenticeships – the REC have launches apprenticeships for recruitment in England and Wales.
- Recruitment training – there are also recruitment specific courses available, from sales to leadership.
- IRP Career Routeway – this defines the possible pathways to career advancement within recruitment, and offers insight to every person in the industry.
I hope that this has helped you to understand what your options are in terms of qualifications and careers in recruitment! If you are interested in reading more about apprenticeships in recruitment you can read my blog post on them here.